Monday, October 25, 2010

Wilderness Soundtrack: What are your favorite travel songs?

Fabienne and I always enjoy a good conversation about music. There's something so intimate about sharing your favorite songs with someone and talking about the special moments and feelings that you associate with them. Today, I though it would be interesting to share one of my favorite songs of ALL TIME! "Train Song" by Vashti Bunyan and more recently covered by Feist is, in my opinion, quite a master piece. The song is about 'traveling north' to a long lost lover and sitting on the train wondering what will happen once you get to your destination. Well, I personally love train travel and the anticipation of a new, unknown place, whether it is a large bustling city or a beautiful, remote national park waiting to be explored. Check out the original song below and the cover after the jump! Also, leave a comment with your favorite travel song!



No comments:

Post a Comment